Thursday, February 14, 2013

If you fall over and break a leg, don't come running to me!

In a  very Irish manner and like most Irish mammies I find it difficult to emulate empathy.  If you fall and hurt yourself, I will first look to find blame with you and see why you were stupid to let it happen, and then perhaps  comfort you... As much as I want to be one of those fluffy parental figures who comfort without logic, I cannot be that person.  I WILL  seek to blame first and comfort later. It doesn't mean I love you less though, please believe that. I suffer from "Bob the Builder" syndrome and have an insatiable need to be liked and fix peoples problems which means that if there is something that I can give you or do,  I will speak first, act next, and if I don't know the answer to your problem, pretend I know an answer which can give the impression that I'm a know it all jackass. A few times I was referred to as "The Oracle"  and that boosted my self esteem no bounds. I'm no Oracle though, just a girl who knows how to google...


2 comments:

Looking for Blue Sky said...

I always want to fix everything, that why I'm so rubbish at thinking up warm huggy comments for blogs and facebook :)

Petunia said...

Warm huggy comments are not my forte either Candi :) I do try to chastise myself when I hear myself say things like "the pavement didn't just jump up and trip you..." instead of "are you ok honey, let me kiss that better for you"

Post a Comment

Google analytics